Saturday, August 22, 2009

International Hip Hop

So I decided to start playing some more music on my blogtalkradio show and I am going international! I have become bored with the current state of music and hip hop in general even with some independent artists so I'm busting out with hip hop in different languages. There is a draw back to this, I myself don't know what they are saying, I know it sounds good and the flow is on point and the beats are hot. Hell I don't even speak Spanish that well and I am going to play rap in different languages? Yea, and maybe I'll learn more then English. Broaden my horizons and others as well. I want to have fun with hip hop again and miss being submersed in the culture.

I use to rap when I was younger and as I got older I left it alone.

My little brother kept rapping and is now battling on Grind Time and making a name for himself (Yung ZM). I don't know if I will ever return to it as an artist, I have to love it again I guess. This will be part of the journey. You know I love stand up comedy, and that is my first love so it is going to be interesting to see my progression now that I am getting back into radio so heavy and on this crusade to find good music all over the world, hip hop in different languages. Listen to my show to hear hip hop culture around the world, send me your tracks, laugh at topical humor, and participate in the movement.

Below are two artists I found that intrigue me. One is Diam's a french hip hop artist that I think is amazing!!! She kinda got me started in wanting to hear more. The other is a Chinese artist by the name of Young Kin. He was spitting! Again I have no Idea what they are saying but it's hot and I wanted to share it with those who only know Jay-Z, Kayne,50, Em and the many corny artists that are now on, and will remain nameless. I only name the ones that are relevant.



No comments:

Post a Comment