Sunday, October 17, 2010

Life, Death & Comedy

I may seem to be more sensitive to immortality lately or concerned with fulfilling our life's destiny and purpose. Most recently comedian Greg Giraldo died. He was an amazing stand up and writer. I had the pleasure of working with him a handful of times while trying to hone my act. I was caught by surprise to hear he died. He was so young I thought. He made me want to be a better comic and accomplish my goal of touring and landing that precious Tonight Show gig.

But what if I died tomorrow, I never lived to do this. I kept putting it off, and why? Today, my wife came to find out her close friend and former dance partner was in ICU. He is suffering from complications of pneumonia. I realized yet again that though he is very young, he was not promised tomorrow. None of us are, we need to make a plan and get it done. Because today might be the day and we need to be ready. We need to stop and look around to enjoy life and live, fulfill our purpose.

I never meant to be morbid and this wasn't what I originally planned on blogging about this week but this was what I had on my mind. We shouldn't look at our possible death or inevitable death depending how you look at it as a morbid thing. We need to know it is going to happen, and live our lives so that we don't look back on our death beds wishing we had seen,done, or tried things we had the opportunity to.

No comments:

Post a Comment